Inevitable Wealth Coaching
3350 Township Line Rd.
Drexel Hill, Pa. 19026
Ph. 610-446-4322
Fx. 610-789-4927
e-mail address: brendan@coachgee.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Gold, Silver, or Wisdom? You Choose

Gold, Silver, or Wisdom? You Choose
        by: Brendan Magee

As the election heats up and the yelling at and the blaming of goes on and on, it is nice stop and hear someone you feel is actually talking to you and sharing themselves. To me, Dr. Ben Carson is such a man, and over these past couple of weeks I have enjoyed reading his book, " A More Perfect Union."

Oddly enough in learning a little more about our U.S. Constitution, I also read the phrase that encapsulates what just about everyone is after with their investment plans, but hardly anyone ever achieves. As Dr. Carson expanded on different parts of the Constitution, he started each chapter with a verse from Proverbs, and the one that had the biggest impact on me was,  

"Joyful is the person that finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding. For wisdom is more profitable than silver and her wages are better than gold." Proverbs 31: 13-14

Joyful isn't how I would describe the candidates running for office, the voters, or investors for that matter.  It might be because we have the process brass backwards. Candidates tell us our problems will be solved if we vote them in and the other guy out. Investment companies tell us we will find joy, happiness, and security once we own their products. It is not an outside in process, rather it is an inside out process.

I know as a financial planner I was miserable, scared, and confused. It wasn't until somebody helped me to start asking the right questions and better understood how the world of investing works and could share that with others that I found joy in my profession. Money without wisdom can be one big tragedy waiting to happen. Look up the name Lenny Dykstra and you will see what I mean.

It not the money or the things they buy that will ever give you joy. It is the purpose it is used for plus the understanding that your money is being invested exactly as you know it should be that will be at the root of you experiencing joy, love, happiness, security, and freedom.

If you don't know the questions to ask, call me I will gladly help you.

Brendan Magee is the founder and president of Inevitable Wealth Coaching. With questions or comments e-mail brendan@coaachgee.com or call 610-446-4322




No comments: